Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Inspiration for the bathroom...

I am having issues making this particular post behave.

The first photo is obviously not a bathroom but we are thinking of carrying a ledge around the entire room to cap off a moulding detail on the walls.  I'm not sure if we want to go shaker-style for the moulding as seen here or do picture frame moulding instead.

The second (from House and Home) and fourth photos (Elle Decor via Urban Grace Interiors), I LOVE the look of the black framed mirror with white wall and chrome sconces.  Our room is primarily going to be white on white but we have black accents in the floor tile and chrome fixtures.  I think we will have a heavy black framed mirror above the vanity and these sconces are an exact match to the ones we bought at Rona.

The washstands in the third photo from House and Home are very similar to the ones we have on order.  I can't wait for them to arrive.  I love the moulding detail on the walls, here.

We will be adding pops of colour with accessories like in the 5th photo I found on Decorology.  I love the white and black scheme with hits of vibrant colour.

We are running a pony wall along the exerior wall to house the plumbing, very similar to this.  We'll be capping it and doing decorative moulding underneath.  I'll use the pony wall to display artworks.  Above our tub, we'd like to hang a black and crystal chandelier.  We've also purchased a clawfoot tub.  It's been sitting in our basement since early spring and I can't wait to finally be able to enjoy it!  Again, I love the moulding details, the crisp, clean look, the vintage accessories and the gorgeous tub.

Like in the photo below from Desire to Inspire, I'm collecting crystal vases and decanters to hold bubble baths and whatnot.  I'll display everything clustered together on a old silver tray on top of the book shelf that will flank both sides of our window.



















































































(Desire to Inspire)

No comments:

Post a Comment