Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Libraries, Landings and Art Walls



I am just collecting some ideas for our landing and library area.  Right now, I'm thinking that we'll do an art wall on the east wall coming up the stairs as that area is so blank at present.  On the north wall, which has a lovely window, we will do flanking book shelves.  In front, I see two big, comfy chairs or even very small sofas with a table in between that can be usable as a workspace.  I'd like the walls to be a creamy white to allow the artwork to pop.  I'd also like to go with a rich colour for the window treatment and upholstered furniture.  And, of course, I'd like to hang a sparkly black and crystal chandelier above the table. 










(Elle Decoration via Desire to Inspire)







Also, some helpful reading thanks to Discover Interior Design on hanging art. Part one and Part two...

No comments:

Post a Comment