Sunday, December 13, 2009

Paint Samples Galore

I've been busy trying to get a few additional things done.  I've got eight different white paints to test so today I'll be painting splotches over our walls so I can see how each looks in different lights.  Faves so far are Benjamin Moore's OC-17 White Dove and Ralph Lauren's Cove Point, which is an exact match to Restoration Hardware's Sanddollar (if you ever want an RH paint, RL is the manufacturer).

Meanwhile, our hardwood has been loaded on a truck and is on it's way.  Our washstands, however, are now on back order until the end of January.  I'm okay with this as it'll give us a chance to get back from Mexico and install wainscotting in the evenings (we're doing the finicky trim installation to cut costs - it's easy but labour intensive).   I was not looking forward to installing it behind already-installed sinks.

I also stumbled across a fantastic idea in a back issue of House and Home magazine.  This fall, when we were going through my grandmother's house, we found a massive collection of doilies.  Some were one's she'd made, some were made by my Auntie Donna and others were from my great grandmother and great, great grandmother.  They're beautiful but I was at a loss about what to do with them.  I'm going to frame them in black frames on black matting and then display them as a collection.  I don't have the picture from H&H digitally but here's another I found that does the same thing.  I don't quite like the presentation as much, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment